Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fun-Ness Is an Important part of Becoming the Best!

Occasionally there comes a time in everyone life that they must consider the possibility that a little fun may come into play. There is a league of people that believe that fun has no business in education and we should always look professional, act professional, personify professionalness (is that a word??). I do not subscribe to this belief. I want to make it clear that I am committed to the education of each of my duckies...er...uh students and that I will see them all succeed even if I have to drag there ass to class. I will pile up in my PJ's on your couch and help you study for your National Registry exam. I will answer every last question that a ducky may pose-even if I already explained it 25 times. I will bug the (explicative) out of you until you sign up for your test. I will push you to your limits. I may actually make you cry and not feel the least bit bad about it. I may make you mad. I may make you not like me. But, that's ok. I will make you the best. I will ensure that you will not have to worry about being a duck after you finish the class. No calm on top and ducky legs racing under the water. You won't need that. You will be confident and you will be prepared. I will teach you things that you technically don't need to know like- how to figure out your own axis within 10 degrees without looking at numbers on your 12 lead print out and EVEN how to find Z Axis! I will teach you this so that you will know why, and how, and what will happen if you do this, and how will this affect that, and other cool tips and tricks. I will also teach you that it is important to have fun. This is just as important as immune response and permissive hypotension and all the other technical junk. Fun comes in many forms, but mostly it is the fellowship that we get with each other. It is ALS relays....bet ya never thought you could make a race out of intubations and IO's. It is silly string and water balloons. It is a game of Shock vs. Not Shock!! It is duckies letting their stress wash away into the laughter of class mates. Yes I do know that Paramedic class is stressful, and hard, and long, and sucks sometimes. I know and all the other paramedics know because we have been where you are. We also know something else...IT'S WORTH IT! So, to all my duckies- Hang in There!! You will make it! It is my promise to you! Until then...relish the fun times!!



Teambuilding for the Basics!!!
Up close and personal Cardio/Pneumo Pig Lab with Intermediates!!
LIT Paramedic Class First Megacode!!
Spring 2011 NEMSA Paramedic Class

Fall 2010 NEMSA Paramedic Class

No comments:

Post a Comment