Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grown up?

Are we ever grown ups?  Do you remember being a child and thinking your parents were grown up?  Do you reach a certain age and then you are a grown up?  I guess I should outline my problem....I am not sure I am grown up yet?  I am 34 years old.  I am married.  I have 3 daughters.  I have a good job.  Does any of this make me grown up.  I don't feel grown up...I don't feel finished.  I still have goals.  I am back in school working on two bachelor's degrees.  After I finish those, I will be moving on to a Master's Degree.  These goals of mine may take a long time to finish.  I think this makes me unfinished.  I may not grow up until I am over 40.  Oh Gosh- 40 seriously...that's only 6 years away...well really 5 years and 4 months. 


Small heart attack just occurred.  I was just wondering does anyone else feel like that haven't grown up yet?  When I was a child I pictured my parents as grown up...now that I am that age I still have questions.  I am still figuring out how to navigate through life.  How to make the best decisions for my children, my family, and myself.  I am not sure I want to be grown up....I am pretty happy in my current state.  My current state is still a transformation that is taking place, I guess you could say I am evolving.  Who know what I will be when I grow up.  I plan on moving up and on to better places.  I want to make my mark in this world and leave a lasting impression on all the people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment