Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Live Like You Were Living....Not Like You Were Dying.

This morning on my way to work I passed an accident.  A car and an SUV with severe damage.  I thought ...that one looks bad.  EMS, Fire, and PD were already there.  I kept going and grabbed a CD I burned a couple of years ago.  It just said Christie's music.  I skipped the first 12 songs...old stuff....wasn't really interested in Black Eyed Peas...then I came to "Live like you were dying" by Tim McGraw.  As soon as the song started playing I got a text from the TV station, that said "Two killed in collision on Hwy 62".  Odd coincidence...made me feel wierd, and made me think. 

The theme of the song is a guy finds out he is going to die so he goes out and lives like he was dying.  He skydives, rides a bull, and climbs a mountain.  He pays more attention to his family and friends.  So here are my thoughts.  I want to live like I am living....not so much like I'm dying.  I think of dying as a sudden event or wasting away in a hospital bed in the back room of house.  If we all lived like we were living all things would go better.  If you made sure everyday that you told everyone you loved them.  That you truly were the wife/husband you should be.  That you were truly there for your children.  That you still talked to your parents and told them that you love them.  That you still told your brothers and sisters that you love them.  That you give all that you are into everyday that goes by....Then you Live like you were living!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment